I recently came across this recipe on Pinterest and fell in love! These cookies are gluten and dairy free and still taste amazing. For a paleo based eater, I have a major sweet tooth so these cookies are the perfect combination of healthy and tasty!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbs coconut oil OR unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tbs almond butter
- 1-2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Mix together coconut oil, or unsalted butter, and coconut sugar. If coconut oil is used and is not combining well, use hands to knead and then mix until it starts to combine.
- Mix in the almond butter and vanilla extract. Once combined, add in the egg. Wait until the egg is well combined before adding the flour mixture. Add in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely before eating.